Our Family

Friday, July 16, 2010

Our trip to the beach and days one and two of vacation






























































What a drive...10 hours. NOT FUN, but hey we were headed to the beach and that is all that counted. We picked Luke up at work and headed out, Luke started out driving, then my Mom drove a little while and we were all about to die she was swerving and a deer about ran out in front of us and she swerved towards the deer instead of away from it...and that was the final straw and I started driving then and at 6 o'clock in the morning we arrived at the condo in Maderia Beach. We went straight to bed. We all woke up around lunch time and headed to the beach to relax after our long trip. By the way our condo overlooked a draw bridge and was at the end of the beach...which was pretty cool. I have never stayed at the end of a beach before. .....the current was constantly strong. Therefore, we only got to wade in the ocean which was fine. We found some larger shells then we normally do. We had a great dinner at Coconuts even though they were overly hospitable. They meet us in the road inviting us to eat at their restaurant (it was a brand new restaurant) and offered us a discount to eat there. We had actually planned on eating there before we left the condo so it was nice they offered us a special discount to eat there. The atmosphere was very strange, they serenaded my Dad with beads and offered him a beer on the house and then host held the elevator for everyone and I was fixing to get on the elevator and he looked at me real funny and said "and I need you to go with me"before I knew it the elevator door was shut and it was just me and this host that looked like he had something bad in his system (blood shot eyes...any clue to what this could be???) anyway I was very uncomfortable but followed him (my real estate safety per cautions came in hand here) up the stairs. As, I hit the top step I saw Luke breaking his neck getting off the elevator first to make sure that I was going to appear....he said that him and my Mom both were very unnerved by the situation and the way the guy looked. Thank the God Lord I was safe. Another strange event there was that my Dad went to go to the bathroom and one of our two waiters followed him to the bathroom and held the door for him (that isn't the weird part, that was nice, the weird part is what happened next) the the waiter proceeded in the bathroom behind him and advised him what stall to use and that it was a more comfortable stall. He also, said to my Dad, "Sir, If you need anything else please just yell and I will be right here to assist you"... he also held the stall door open for him....Daddy said that he sooo badly wanted to yell "Help, I need you to wipe me"...He restrained himself this time and didn't ask for assistance. Anyway, the dinner ended up being so delicious and we had fun. Which is all that counts. Alex ended up being our entertainment on these two days...first we were wading in the ocean and a older man wearing a black speedo...yes I said SPEEDO...walked by holding hands with his wife and of course Mr. Alex noticed and started dying laughing and pointing at him (he was walking towards us and less than 10' from us so the couple had too know he was laughing at him) and proceeded to say as loud as possible "Mama, look at that man he is wearing his underwear....we need to tell him" and then before I could blink my eyes...Alex said "you have your underwear on, man". I couldn't do nothing but laugh and the couple just looked at me and him...I thought yeap, that is what you get for wearing something like that when you are 70+ years old. Then, while I was cleaning up all the stuff at the beach Luke took the girls and Alex to the pool to swim and there was a man swimming that had a tatoo on his back of a alien looking baby and Alex asked Sarah to find out what the baby's name was and she said he would not stopping talking about it and she was sooo about to die. Come on people if a 3 year old knows better not to do things like this then an adult should know not too. So, he deserves all these questions and stares. By the end of day two Alex was swimming with out his floaty and he was sooo proud of himself. However, pool time has become a nerve racking time for us... because he thinks that he just go right in now with out a float and that isn't not the case. Tammy and her family finally got to the beach Sunday late afternoon so we all went to eat at Bubba Gumps which was delicious and everyone enjoyed it.

No comments: