Our Family

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Luke leaving for Mexico











This journey has of course started off with the McLaughlin trait of having to turn around about 500 times and we were already going to be a few minutes late arriving to the airport....because Luke wanted his hair cut before leaving. Why he didn't get this done on Thursday I am not sure. Anyway, we made it only 30 minutes late. Check in was fine he made it through the security check points. We stayed and watched the play take off, the kids love watching that part. As we were getting off the exit by US Pipe in Hueytown, Luke was already calling saying they were off the plane in Atlanta...WOW, I was amazed at this. He called about 6:30 and said they were fixing to board the plane for Mexico. Lori and Harriet and their families came to Mama and Daddy's to swim and also we got Jesslyn lovin. Maddie and Griffy cooked up a sleep over too. So, they were up late dancing to Boogie on the Wii. Around 11:30 I talked to Luke and he said they had made it to Mexico, but was still in customs. So, I went on to bed with the kiddos. The drive from the airport to the place where they were staying was only about 3-4 hours and Luke was suppose to call as soon as he got there but when I woke at 3:30 and he still hadn't call, so I couldn't go back to sleep, at 4:30 since he didn't answer my text I called him and he didn't answer this either so I was thinking oh my I am fixing to have to get a search party out for the team. Anyway, I thought well I will try to go on to sleep and then call in the morning, Luke sleeps really hard and he might be sleeping, they are on our time zone. Well about 6:50 I woke back up and still no call from them so I called back and no answer again...at this point I was going into a panic. But he called me right back and said they were still driving. So, I was relieved but they were all sleepy because the drive was about 3-4 hours longer then expected. They final arrived at the house where they are staying around 7:30. He said it was nice thank goodness and everyone had done excellent on the flights and drive. It was just long.

No comments: