Our Family

Friday, November 2, 2012

Our Annual Fall Camping Trip at Tannehill












This year the kiddos decided to be apart of the moon eating contest for Veterens Day... it was quite funny. Alex tied for first place in his division, Maddie and Britt gave up in their divisions and Sara came in third place in her and Britt's division. Alex also learned to ride his bicycle with out training wheels, one push and he was off and we hardly saw him any more. He loves being able to ride his bike with out training wheels. I must say it is very nice because he can go faster now and it is easier to take longer bike rides, that we enjoy. We also had Alex's sixth birthday party there. The worst part about camping this year was Alex, Lori, Owen, Dale and I went walking on the trail behind the old restruant and Alex must have step on or kick up a yellow jackets nest because he got stung on his back and yelled out "Mama, I got stung" then all of a sudden I got stung too in the same spot on my back, I looked back to see what got me and then turned back around to find my baby's head covered in yellow jackets... he looked like he had a baseball cap on but it was yellow jackets. The most horrific thing I have every seen. I started screaming so did Lori (which she was talking on the phone to her mom when the event started she dropped the phone because she got so scared and Ms. Murphree heard the whole thing and was scared to death listening to it) Anyway, I ripped off his shirt and threw him in the creek and started splashing water over him to get them off of him, but they were flying up my shirt as they were flying off him so I had to rip my shirt off too... so embarrasing. Dale shook our shirts out while Lori threw Owen in the creek because he got hit by the yellow jackets three times. Finally we got them off of us but when Alex stood up out of the creek he had at least 15 dead stuck to his shorts. We had to climb up a big hill to get out because the path was still sworming with hive. Once we got to the rode Lori, and Dale started pulling by the hand full yellow jackets out of mine and Alex's hair. Alex's body started shaking from shook and then he was breathing funny b/c of him crying but it scared me to death so we chunked him in my mom's car and took him to the emergency clinic. They gave him a oral steriod because he was so little they didn't have the correct doseage of the steriod in shot form. It still worked and we were only observed for  hours then released. He did run fever for  2.5 days and threw up one time, but no other signs. From our calculations he was stung over 40 times with only 23 off the stings on his body the rest on his head. For our Halloween decorations we did an Indian theme.. it was lots of fun.

No comments: